Pages

Monday, July 4, 2011

Welcome to Hotlanta!

I officially moved to Atlanta Memorial Day weekend, with the wonderful help of my Dad, that I couldn't have done without! We had a full few days of getting my apartment set up, but made great progress, and ended each exhausting day with a relaxing late dinner somewhere we could sit outside...by the way, that is one great thing about Atlanta - so many outdoor patios! I love it. Here are a  few pics of my apartment and my balcony view...ones of the inside will come once my couch actually arrives haha.






I really like the place a lot. It's a little further from work and in more of a "commercial" area than I would normally go for, but it is really safe, quiet, well-kept, and relaxing...so a good place to start!

After the move, I had a couple weeks to get settled and explore Atlanta a little...of which every day was needed! It's amazing how long that can take when starting somewhat from scratch. I have now been working at Delta for three weeks now (seems more like three days), and it has been great...the people are so friendly and I have already been given quite a bit of work to do, so it is keeping me busy! In my free time, I try to continue to get out and see new places and meet new people...thanks to many friends who have reached out to me about their friends in Atlanta! All the people I have meet have been wonderful, so I appreciate that a lot!

I'm a little delayed in starting this to share everywhere I've been, but a quick recap should work...


  • Started playing on a slow-pitch softball team at Piedmont Park.


  • Visited a couple farmer's markets

  • Went out to eat at lots of great restaurants already (HobNob Tavern, Seasons 52, Tavern at Phipps, P'Cheen, The Treehouse, Real Chow Baby, Cafe Intermezzo, Figo Osteria, Flip Burger Boutique, Spice Market, Thai Heaven, Front Page News Cafe, and others...)
  • Found gluten free beer at the Midway Pub in the East Atlanta neighborhood

  • Made my way to a couple Atlanta Braves games

  • Hit up the club haha...well checked out a few bars/clubs (Atkins Bar, Hand in Hand, Dark Horse, Buckhead Bottle Bar, and Cosmo Lava most recently)
  • Gone on countless walk/runs around my neighborhood....usually pass my time by staring at all the beautiful houses and gardens
  • Went to a summer food/music festival in the Virginia-Highlands neighborhood
  • Relaxed at the pool
  • Cooked some delicious food if I must say so myself...including homemade pizza and egg salad (separate occasions, not together, don't worry)


  • Sat in some traffic at times :(
  • And some other stuff too
This past weekend included a Braves game with some girls Friday night and out with other friends to Flip Burger Boutique (they even had gluten free lettuce wraps for their burgers, which were amazing!) and Cosmo Lava on Saturday night. Cosmo Lava was pretty sweet...with several different bar areas and dance floors. Here is some of the crew that went...



The rest of the weekend featured some much needed apartment cleaning and relaxing! Well that's it for now...I am off for an evening walk now that it's done storming. We'll see if I make it up for the fireworks at Lenox!  Unfortunately 5am-something mornings make me kind of lame haha. Welcome to the real world;)

Hope you enjoyed my first blog post! Love and miss you all!


1 comment:

  1. Hi Jen,

    Your place looks great - can't wait to see some pics of the inside :-)

    Glad to hear you're settling in well!

    Love,
    Claire

    ReplyDelete