Pages

Friday, July 15, 2011

Fun Weekend in Dallas: Special Congrats to Chris and Lindsey!!

Last weekend was my first trip since moving to Atlanta, as I have tried to stick around and get to know the city since I did actually move here. It took me to Dallas for a fun-filled couple of days with lots of family, dancing, great food, and of course celebrating my cousin Chris' marriage to Lindsey! She is absolutely wonderful, so we are very happy to welcome her to the family:)

Arriving to 106 degree heat almost made Atlanta feel frigid haha. But better than -20 anytime I must say. I got into Dallas early evening and was greeted by a warm welcome of family waiting for me at the airport...gotta love that! Friday night featured a family/wedding party rehearsal dinner at my cousin Rich's house. It was great to see so many people on Dad's side of the family that I haven't seen in a while!

Saturday started with a typical Docherty family run, except minus me:( I unfortunately have been stuck with my super exciting "walk/jogs" since my surgery and ensuing achilles problems. That has been frustrating to say the least, but I'm surviving! We did find a pretty sweet park nearby with a 2 mile path around that was like a track lane, so that made it a little more enjoyable:) Afterwards, we had a reservation for 31 people at the Grand Lux Cafe next to our hotel, where a ton of family had dinner with my grandpa's sister...I'm sure we made quite the scene haha. I even got to have one of those molten "lava" chocolate cakes that was gluten-free/flourless...and it was amazing! We then fit in a little mall browsing (since it WAS attached to the hotel), and soon headed off to the wedding! The ceremony and reception were both really nice and also held at the Cowboys Stadium, which I had never been to, so that was pretty neat! More great food and conversation followed, and of course...DANCING! I think we wore out the dance floor. It was fabulous. I even got out there with my 91 year old grandpa for a few spins:) A limo ride back and small after-party left me wiped out, but so worth it.

Lunch crew

Reception set-up

All the Docherty girls!

(and boys:)

A fun send off

Limo ride!

I decided to try my first "non-rev" for my way back to Atlanta on Sunday (aka. fly standby) and aimed for an evening flights with the rest of the fam, so we could enjoy somewhat of a relaxing day. I got in a hot morning walk with mom, more mall browsing with the fam, a stop by Rich's house to say bye, and then off to the airport. I wasn't able to get on the 6:15 flight, but knew that was going to be tough, but made the 7:30 just fine...so first attempt was a success! It was a late night by the time I got home (especially after the interstate came to a dead stop at 11:30 on a Sunday night...how does that happen? Oh yeah, a couple lane closures and wonderful Atlanta traffic;) All in all GREAT weekend.

No comments:

Post a Comment